Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-scudder-idr-entropy-label-01 (9/6/2022 to 9/20/2022)

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Wed, 28 September 2022 11:32 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 19:32:28 +0800
Cc: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, idr@ietf.org
To: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
Subject: Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-scudder-idr-entropy-label-01 (9/6/2022 to 9/20/2022)

Hi, Robert:

It is obvious that changing the attributes in  I-D.ietf-idr-next-hop-capability from non-transitive to transitive is easier than the current approach( there are also other advantages that the  I-D.ietf-idr-next-hop-capability draft has but draft-scudder-idr-entropy-label-01 doesn’t have)

I am wondering why the chairs prefer to abandoning the RFCs again and again?

And, the most important is that there is no consensus, even rough consensus on this draft during the adoption call.

Would like to hear the explanations from Sue.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom