Re: a letter

Steve Coya <scoya@CNRI.Reston.VA.US> Thu, 21 March 1996 15:28 UTC

To: mdc@isl.mei.co.jp
cc: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: a letter
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:26:43 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Steve Coya <scoya@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>

Sukeichi MIKI,

>> We just started to make clear which sections of the Mobile IP drafts
>> are covered by our applications.  Our patent applications seem to be
>> related to Route Optimization in Mobile IP and IP Mobility Support
>> in Mobile IP drafts.

I apologize for not being precise in my previous message. I was not
asking which IETF documents you believed were related to the subjects
of your patent applications, but which sections of the Mobile IP
specifications you believe may be related or covered by your pending
patent applications.

>> After its issuance, Matsushita/Panasonic is also willing to license
>> the patent on a non-exclusive, non-discriminatory basis and on
>> reasonable terms and conditions for use with the Mobile IP.

It would be very beneficial to our evaluation to know the specific
terms under which Matsushita/Panasonic is willing to license this
technology to implementors of IETF specifications.

Sincerely,

Steve Coya
Executive Director, IETF