Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Fri, 01 June 2007 12:54 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:54:13 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Jim Fenton <fenton@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues
Cc: IETF DKIM WG <ietf-dkim@mipassoc.org>
Sender: ietf-dkim-bounces@mipassoc.org

Hi Jim,

Barry and I would like us to do the following:

Continue the discussion on the list for a few more days since
not all the usual suspects have reacted yet (please do!) and
the context is slightly different (with XPTR anyway) from the
(many;-) other times we've discussed these topics in the past.

Then, (say the week after next?) you get the co-authors of
draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-00 together and just pick your current
best answer for each relevant issue and submit the -00
around June 24. If you think some concalls/jabbering or
whatever will help there, just let Barry & I know.

Then, we'll look for offers of concrete alternative text
to be sent to the list before Chicago.

In Chicago we discuss. With one another and with the
DNS folks.

And then (back on the list) we resolve each of these well-worn
issues once and for all (using strawpolls or whatever's
necessary) over the following weeks and aim for a draft on
which we can have WGLC in September. (With the reality being
that it'll be October before we're ready.)

Regards
Stephen & Barry.