Re: the iab & net neutrality

Geoff Huston <gih@apnic.net> Sat, 25 March 2006 02:17 UTC

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:16:59 +1100
To: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
From: Geoff Huston <gih@apnic.net>
Cc: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, iab@iab.org, ietf@ietf.org, Tony Hain <alh-ietf@tndh.net>
Subject: Re: the iab & net neutrality

To quote from the Carpenter draft:...

"One approach to resolving the current crisis in Internet
  performance is to institute an efficient system of
  inter-carrier settlements."

Progress is often hard when you are heading in off in the weeds.

Try http://www.potaroo.net/ispcol/2005-01/interconn.html as an alternative
view of the ISP settlement world.

regards,

     Geoff