Re: the iab & net neutrality

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Sat, 25 March 2006 17:02 UTC

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:02:12 +0100
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: Geoff Huston <gih@apnic.net>
Cc: iab@iab.org, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: the iab & net neutrality

Geoff, things were indeed different then, as long distance
bandwidth costs were a serious concern. That has changed. I think
the fact that content providers who are paid for that content
don't (in effect) pay for the congestion that they cause hasn't
changed. But mainly I was interested to see PHB making arguments
quite close to the ones I made ten years ago.

    Brian