Re: Last Call: Use of ISO CLNP in TUBA Environments to Proposed Standard

barns@cove.mitre.org Wed, 28 July 1993 13:44 UTC

To: iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US, ietf@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Cc: barns@cove.mitre.org
Subject: Re: Last Call: Use of ISO CLNP in TUBA Environments to Proposed Standard
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1993 09:43:58 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: barns@cove.mitre.org

Regarding the comments on suitability of this item for the standards track:

I think the IAB/IESG/IETF created a predicament for themselves by putting
IDPR on the standards track.  Unless some technicality exists of which
I'm unaware, there is a good argument that the IDPR decision is *the*
relevant precedent.  I've appended the IAB statement on that occasion to
this message for the sake of any who care, but don't have it handy.
At this moment, if the IESG were to decide not to put this TUBA document
on the standards track because of the objections advanced in the emails
I've seen, I would not understand why IDPR is on the standards track.

I'm not taking a position in this comment on the merits of either TUBA
or IDPR either technically or as candidates for standardization.

/Bill Barns
 (speaking as an individual only)

========