RE: How to get feedback on published RFCs [resending as plaintext]

"MH Michael Hammer (5304)" <MHammer@ag.com> Tue, 19 July 2016 15:01 UTC

From: "MH Michael Hammer (5304)" <MHammer@ag.com>
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: How to get feedback on published RFCs [resending as plaintext]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:38:07 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.144.15.230]
x-kse-attachmentfiltering-interceptor-info: protection disabled
x-kse-serverinfo: USCLES532.agna.amgreetings.com, 9
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean, bases: 7/19/2016 12:02:00 PM
x-kse-dlp-scaninfo: Skipped

I have no specific objection to doing something. I wasn’t planning on being the one to do anything anyways.

I do have a concern about your comment about getting a summary of perhaps a few years of commentary. The problem with tools that annotate comments against the RFC is that anyone looking at just those comments does not get the complete picture. Even if the working group is closed, pointing people to the group/archive gives someone the opportunity to get a more complete picture. Your comment may also be taken as a reason for keeping mailing lists open for an extended period even after the working group is no longer active. Every once in a while therew ill be a post to the DKIM or SPF lists by someone with a question or comment – even though those groups have been inactive for some time.

Mike