RE: Call for Review of draft-iab-rfc4441rev-04.txt, "The IEEE 802 / IETF Relationship"

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Sun, 09 June 2013 07:38 UTC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, IAB Chair <iab-chair@iab.org>
Subject: RE: Call for Review of draft-iab-rfc4441rev-04.txt, "The IEEE 802 / IETF Relationship"
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 07:38:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.64.58.45]
Cc: IAB <iab@iab.org>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>

Hi Steve,

We shall ask the question, but I can already guess the answers. Current IEEE rules (copyright rules I think) do not allow for sharing of work-in-progress drafts with no access control. You need to be a participant of some sort in order to access such documents, and this validated by the fact that you know the username/password combination. These are IEEE, beyond the power of IEEE 802 to change.

As a chair who dealt with this for a number of years in the past I can bear witness that this is not a huge task. The IEEE 802 entrusts the chair with the username and password to access IEEE 802 WG documents. The IETF WG chair from time to time will forward this information on a per request basis to IETF participants who need access to the IEEE 802 documents.

Regards,

Dan