Re: On the difference between scenarios A and B in Carl's report

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Mon, 06 September 2004 09:32 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:19:51 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: On the difference between scenarios A and B in Carl's report
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Just to clarify my opinion: I think that B is the desirable end
state, for the reasons Harald gives, but that A with a solemn
commitment to migrate to B is the best way to get started
quickly.

Incidentally, it occurs to me that starting with A and migrating
to B doesn't exclude a further migration to C later.

    Brian