Re: *good* Windows IMAP clients

"Jack Forester, Jr." <jforest2@wvu.edu> Thu, 21 August 1997 15:28 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:18:41 -0400
Sender: IMAP-owner@u.washington.edu
From: "Jack Forester, Jr." <jforest2@wvu.edu>
To: Ernie Oporto <ernie_oporto@mentorg.com>, Chris Box <cb@k-par.co.uk>
Cc: imap@u.washington.edu
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at ietf.org
Subject: Re: *good* Windows IMAP clients

 Of all the IMAP clients I've tried, there are none that I really like (they
all seem to be missing some feature here or there that I consider
essential), but the one I hate the least is Outlook Express.  However, there
are still some things about it that are really starting to get on my nerves.
The most irritating thing is that it treats the body of certain messages as
attachments of all things, and they have to be opened in notepad.  The only
common thing between these messages is that they don't have a
'Mime-version:' header.  Microsoft, If you're listening, PLEASE FIX THIS!
IT'S BROKEN!

Others I've tried include Simeon Mail, Z-Mail Pro, Solstice Internet Mail
Client, and Netscape.  According to the folks at Qualcomm, the beta version
of Eudora with IMAP support is due next month, and I'm going to try to get
on the beta program as we have a site license here.  I'm really hoping that
IMAP Eudora is as good as the current Eudora.

Jack Forester, Jr.
Sr. Applications Systems Analyst Programmer
Telecommunications & Network Services
West Virginia University
(304) 293-8703