Re: [Insipid] publishing draft-kaplan session-id as historic

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 06 August 2013 21:55 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: James Polk <jmpolk@cisco.com>, Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>, "insipid@ietf.org" <insipid@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 21:55:13 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.40]
Subject: Re: [Insipid] publishing draft-kaplan session-id as historic

I understand this is intentional.

It apparently represents a change of philiosphy on the part of IESG, as relayed to us by Gonzalo, on how to represent this type of document.

Essentially it appears that they would rather use informational with the historical like status represented in the abstract or introduction, rather than use historical.

So Hadriel has merely been following instructions.

If you go listen to the INSIPID audio recording, you'll find we asked Gonzalo to explain this during the agenda bash and status discussion.

Regards

Keith