RE: [Int-area] Why IETF should not standardize dhcp-auth

"Bound, Jim" <Jim.Bound@hp.com> Tue, 04 December 2007 15:25 UTC

From: "Bound, Jim" <Jim.Bound@hp.com>
To: "Eric Voit (evoit)" <evoit@cisco.com>, Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:23:20 +0000
Subject: RE: [Int-area] Why IETF should not standardize dhcp-auth
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "int-area@ietf.org" <int-area@ietf.org>

Eric thanks for sending this and that says a lot and good you said it.  I believe ERic no IPR should be permitted in the IETF at all.  I know I will never win that battle and don't want to start it again.  I think with all the IPR here eventually the IETF will loose yet another founding principle that is not written down but open systems standardization environment.

Alper I think you need to respond to this now in the community ????????????

/jim