RE: [ipfix] AD review for: draft-ietf-ipfix-as-06.txt

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com> Sun, 19 March 2006 19:07 UTC

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
To: Tanja Zseby <Tanja.Zseby@fokus.fraunhofer.de>, "'Ipfix Wg' (E-mail) (E-mail)" <ipfix@net.doit.wisc.edu>
Cc: "Dan Romascanu (E-mail)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, "David Kessens (E-mail)" <david.kessens@nokia.com>
Subject: RE: [ipfix] AD review for: draft-ietf-ipfix-as-06.txt
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:01:04 +0100
Sender: majordomo listserver <majordomo@mil.doit.wisc.edu>

Tanja,

I may have to go back to read RFC2026 as to what an AS is meant to do.
It starts in sect 3.2 in 2026.

I guess you could take your viewpoint.

I may have overreacted, I tend to look for a statement that explains
how to pragmatically use it in current environment, not describing
things like "if you change aaa in protocol bbb, then ipfix can also
play an important rile in environment zzz".
Such a story in my view would ne more of a "overview of possible uses of IPfix"
as opposed to an AS for IPfix.

Hope this helps to explain how I was looking at it.

Bert