Re: Copying and licensing....Re: Copying conditions

todd.glassey@att.net Mon, 10 January 2005 16:40 UTC

From: todd.glassey@att.net
To: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:21:33 +0000
Cc: ipr-wg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Copying and licensing....Re: Copying conditions
Sender: ipr-wg-bounces@ietf.org

H - Simply put - fraud-in-the-conveyance or offering a contract makes that contract uninforcable. Fraud in a civil contract where the parties involved know that the fraud is happening, makes the original agreement uninforcable. What is so complex about that? Its simple contract law.

I suggest that you look into "Fraud in the inducement" i.e. - http://dictionary.law.com/definition2.asp?selected=786&bold=%7C%7C%7C%7C - Which is where at least one of the parties withholds critical information about a relationship - including whether they have the legal release to enter into the relationship in the first place. Or also Intrinsic Fraud, since this release process causes both IMHO.  http://dictionary.law.com/definition2.asp?selected=714&bold=||||

Todd Glassey

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>