RE: IPS security draft: SRP groups

vince_cavanna@agilent.com Fri, 12 July 2002 02:20 UTC

From: vince_cavanna@agilent.com
To: Black_David@emc.com
Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu, tom@arcot.com, vince_cavanna@agilent.com, pat_thaler@agilent.com, dave_sheehy@agilent.com
Subject: RE: IPS security draft: SRP groups
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:07:53 -0600
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

Hi David,
I can't prove so, but Mathematica from Wolfram certifies as prime (in a matter seconds) all five moduli specified in the iSCSI security draft for use in SRP! I used the PrimeQ built-in function. PrimeQ first tests for divisibility using small primes, then uses the MillerĀ­Rabin strong pseudoprime test base 2 and base 3, and then uses a Lucas test. I have not explored the nature of these tests.
Vince