RE: IPS security draft: SRP groups

Black_David@emc.com Mon, 08 July 2002 14:52 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
To: tom@arcot.com
Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
Subject: RE: IPS security draft: SRP groups
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:34:03 -0400
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

MANY THANKS -- Tom's earned his promised 30
minutes of fame ... although those 30 minutes may come at
the ipr BOF in Yokohama on Friday :-) :-).

For the security draft, specifying one of the acceptable
generators from Tom's lists for each of the IKE groups and
noting that the primes from the SRP distribution were
probabilistically generated should be sufficient ...
but there's still 30 minute of fame available for someone
who tackles proving that the SRP primes are prime, as there
is significant IETF interest in SRP outside of iSCSI - any takers?

Thanks,  --David