Re: [Ips] AD review of draft-ietf-ips-iser

Mike Ko <mako@almaden.ibm.com> Tue, 07 November 2006 02:28 UTC

To: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de>
Subject: Re: [Ips] AD review of draft-ietf-ips-iser
From: Mike Ko <mako@almaden.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:28:16 -0800
Cc: ips@ietf.org, ips-chairs@tools.ietf.org, ips-ads@tools.ietf.org

Lars,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your review as I was out of the office
for the past several weeks.  I plan to submit a new revision of the iSER
draft in a few days that addresses your concern.  My comments are
embedded.

Mike

Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de> wrote on 10/12/2006 01:52:55 AM:

> Hi,
>
> please find the AD review of draft-ietf-ips-iser-05.txt below. In a
> nutshell: No major issues but a number of comments and nits.
> Depending on the amount of changes needed, an RFC Editor Note may be
> sufficient, or a new revision may be needed.
>
> Lars
>
> ---<snip>---
>
>    Has idnits (unused references, etc.) and boilerplate issues (some due
>    to boilerplate changes during the too-long AD review - mea culpa).

[mk] Boilerplate issues have been fixed.  I have decided to leave unused
references alone (such as RFC 2119 and Verbs) since they are pertinent to
the draft.

> INTRODUCTION, paragraph 12:
>  >    Ko et. al.                Expires April
> 2006                         1
>
>    Nit: s/et./et/ everywhere

[mk] done

> Section 7.3.12, paragraph 3:
>  >    qualified with DataDescriptorReject which defines the Rejct
> buffer.
>
>    Nit: s/Rejct/Reject/

[mk] done

> Section 8.1.1.3, paragraph 3:
>  >    CmdSN of the PDU sent by the intiator in this category is x,
> the PDU
>
>    Nit: s/intiator/initiator/

[mk] done

> Section 8.1.2, paragraph 7:
>  >    (Implementatin note:  SCSI task timeout and recovery can be a
>
>    Nit: s/Implementatin/Implementation/

[mk] done

> Section 9.1, paragraph 4:
>  >         The Opcode field identifies the type of iSER Messages:
>
>    Are there IANA actions required for these type codes? IANA section is
>    empty.

[mk] No IANA actions are required as these are iSER specific fields in an
iSER specific header.

> Section 13.2, paragraph 2:
>  >    [DA] M. Chadalapaka et al., "Datamover Architecture for iSCSI",
> IETF
>  >        Internet-draft, draft-ietf-ips-da-02.txt (work in progress),
>

>    Not normative?

[mk] As David Black has stated in his response: "[DA] reference needs to
remain informative as the iSER draft is supposed to be self-contained, and
the DA draft will be published as Informational."

>  >    [RDDPSEC] J. Pinkerton et al., "DDP/RDMAP Security", IETF Internet
>  >        Draft draft-ietf-rddp-security-07.txt (work in progress),
> April
>  >        2005
>
>    Not normative?

[mk] Changed to normative