[IPsec] Traffic visibility - consensus call

"Sanchez, Mauricio (ProCurve)" <mauricio.sanchez@hp.com> Thu, 07 January 2010 00:04 UTC

From: "Sanchez, Mauricio (ProCurve)" <mauricio.sanchez@hp.com>
To: "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 00:03:18 +0000
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [IPsec] Traffic visibility - consensus call

Responding to Yaron's request for group input on two questions pertaining to WESP draft

On question #1 (ICV calculation): I don't agree with design decision to include WESP header in ESP trailer's ICV.  I see it as unnecessary contamination of ESP protocol.

On question #2 (Allowing WESP as alternative to ESP):  I support this design choice. On the whole I feel that the functionality described for WESP, even when perceived as an alternative to ESP,  is a step in the right direction for supporting several key use cases for us.

Cheers,
MS

Mauricio Sanchez
Chief Security Architect