Re: Adoption Call for <draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id>

Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn> Tue, 08 February 2022 10:40 UTC

Sender: xiechf@chinatelecom.cn
From: Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn>
Subject: Re: Adoption Call for <draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 18:40:04 +0800
Cc: "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>, "bob.hinden@gmail.com" <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
To: "Henderickx, Wim (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <wim.henderickx@nokia.com>

Hi, Wim,

VPN+ and network slicing have been discussed in IETF for a long time (since 2017) , now operators want to deploy the technology in their networks for 5G and other applications. Thus it is necessary to determine the mechanism used to carry the identifier in the data packet.

IMO HBH is the right place for realizing VPN+/network slices in IPv6 networks, and we appreciate technical discussion and considerations to help improve the IPv6-based approach.

Thanks!

Best regards!

Chongfeng