Re: Adoption Call for <draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id>

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 08 February 2022 14:02 UTC

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 09:02:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Adoption Call for <draft-dong-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id>
To: Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard=40huawei.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "liu.aihua@zte.com.cn" <liu.aihua@zte.com.cn>, "hayabusagsm@gmail.com" <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, "gregimirsky@gmail.com" <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
Cc: "bob.hinden@gmail.com" <bob.hinden@gmail.com>, "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>

You seem to assume facts not in evidence.

It is not at all clear that we need a per-end-to-end network slice
identification in the packet.
Fortunately, this document does not propose such a thing.

Without commenting on where the information goes, it does seem that
having information in the packet to represent what resource set it needs
to use (which is what I understand this document proposes in a
particular way) is useful.

Yours,
Joel