Re: [geonet/its] Agenda for the GeoNet informal meeting on 23rd July at 20:30; IETF registration desk

"Papadimitriou, Dimitri (Dimitri)" <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 25 July 2014 17:56 UTC

From: "Papadimitriou, Dimitri (Dimitri)" <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "karagian@cs.utwente.nl" <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>, "its@ietf.org" <its@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:56:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.40]
Cc: "alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com" <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>, "melinda.shore@gmail.com" <melinda.shore@gmail.com>, "lear@cisco.com" <lear@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [geonet/its] Agenda for the GeoNet informal meeting on 23rd July at 20:30; IETF registration desk

Hi All,

I couldn't participate to the side-meeting on Wednesday evening but would like to share from the feedback received my suggestion in order to move forward based of my understanding of the current situation:

- We know a couple of technical challenges/key issues have to be further investigated (see point iii) here below)

- There are different alternatives we have to explore before moving to an IETF protocol chartered group

- Several initiatives have been already explored/specified in addressing contiguous problems and we have to figure out which one could fit our needs, which one require extension or enhancement, etc.

To this end, moving towards a proposed RG seems to be the more suited approach.

Any other opinion ? Thoughts ?

Cheers,
-dimitri.