Re: [L2tpext] Re: Local CE IP Address AVP

Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com> Sat, 30 April 2005 14:15 UTC

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:13:37 -0400
From: Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com>
To: Ignacio Goyret <igoyret@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: [L2tpext] Re: Local CE IP Address AVP
Cc: l2tpext@ietf.org, Wei Luo <luo@cisco.com>
Sender: l2tpext-bounces@ietf.org

Hello Mark,

IMHO, there are other specifics to the IP-L2 transport over L2TPv3 apart
from the `Local CE IP Address AVP'. For example, a PW Type for IP-L2
Transport is not yet defined (in any draft and thus not allocated), RCs
(like mismatch ARP Med), should not use the value of `1 - Only non-IP
data packets require sequencing' for sequencing, etc. All these would
probably be too much for a document past last call, and only adding the
`Local CE IP Address AVP' would be incomplete. Besides, the AVP is
probably more related to or specific of IP-L2 transport than to the
signaling of l2vpns.

We had actually been working in an `IP Layer 2 Transport over L2TPv3'
document including all of those considerations and numbers, which should
be ready very soon.

Does that sounds reasonable?

Best Regards,

--Carlos.