Re: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-13

"Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US)" <timothy.carey@nokia.com> Mon, 12 December 2016 20:54 UTC

From: "Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US)" <timothy.carey@nokia.com>
To: Dan Romascanu <dromasca@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:54:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.5.27.16]
Cc: "lmap@ietf.org" <lmap@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-13

Dan,
They were comments embedded in the PDF version of the document.
Here was the resulting messages from Juergen and myself – you can see in the diff; the changes were editorial

Thanks Tim. I have made a couple of edits. See here for a diff:

http://www.beadg.de/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-14-from-3.diff.html

- I did not remove the logging examples; they may not be tremendously

  useful but then I like to minimize the edits.

- Order of options and RFC 2119 language: There are many things in

  this document that I think are normative but where we do not use RFC

  2119 language. It would be a major effort to go through the document

  and put RFC 2119 language everywhere where we say something

  normative. Not sure I am keen on doing this until I am forced to do

  so. (There are actually only two MUST - both related to timestamp

  formats.)

- The text about order of options may look duplicate but then the text

  is once for the report and once for the schedule, i.e. action

  invocation. I do not think this duplication is harmful.

- Yes, the information does not define the parameters aka options of

  tasks. Hence you can't find this flag in the information model.

/js

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 07:57:56PM +0000, Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US) wrote:

> Juergen,

> FYI - I did a review of the LMAP IM - My comments are attached. I didn't see any problems in the information model - just some editorial comments.

> Merry Christmas

> Tim

I was happy with the changes except for  a definition of options – which Juergen provided

<TAC> Ok - I didn't catch the linkage to the term parameter; that when we use it in the draft, the term as a link to an option...