Re: [lmap] LMAP framework issue #1 User-initiated Measurement Tasks

marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> Wed, 04 September 2013 08:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:20:02 +0200
From: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
To: trevor.burbridge@bt.com
Cc: lmap@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [lmap] LMAP framework issue #1 User-initiated Measurement Tasks

El 04/09/13 09:49, trevor.burbridge@bt.com escribió:
> I think both are very valid options. Comments below...

mmm, i think it is a legitimate need that the user can do measurements
that are not supervised by the ISP.

>> The second option, i think it is the way to go, but as you wrote it it reads a
>> bit weak. I woudl rather a stronger wording, like a MUST or at least a
>> SHOULD (i mean, the user initiated measurement function MUST be availabel
>> in the MA)
> If this is a separate measurement system there IS a Controller. The user owns that Controller. There will be some management interface to that Controller to schedule or request tests, or maybe it's just a standard test schedule that is run. The management interface I think doesn't need to be standardised.

the way i see it is that the controller is the user itself i.e. the user
interface. I mean, something like speedtest, right? The user clicks a
button in the GUI and it triggers a test. The wording here would simply
say that the user must have access to a UI with the MA and that it will
allow the user to initate measurements.

Regards, marcelo