[Lsr] 【Request AD Step In】 Working Group Adoption of "IGP Unreachable Prefix Announcement" - draft-ppsenak-lsr-igp-ureach-prefix-announce-04

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Thu, 14 September 2023 10:40 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 18:38:02 +0800
Cc: lsr <lsr@ietf.org>, draft-ppsenak-lsr-igp-ureach-prefix-announce@ietf.org
To: jgs@juniper.net
Subject: [Lsr] 【Request AD Step In】 Working Group Adoption of "IGP Unreachable Prefix Announcement" - draft-ppsenak-lsr-igp-ureach-prefix-announce-04

Hi, Acee:

I admire your efforts for the LSR WG, but for the adoption call of this draft, you have not convinced me, although I gave you large amount of solid facts.
Then, it's time to let our AD to step in, to make the non-biased judgement, based on our discussions along the adoption call.

We request the WG document be based on the https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement/, because it is the first document to initiate the use case, provide the explicit signaling mechanism, and cover more scenarios.

It’s unreasonable to adopt the follower solution and ignore the initiator. We started and lead the discussions THREE years earlier than the current proposal.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom