Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes-02

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Sat, 15 January 2022 02:57 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 10:57:30 +0800
Cc: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>, lsr <lsr@ietf.org>, John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes-02

Hi, Les:
I do a short search work and find even for P2MP stub-link type, the process can be same as the numbered p2p interface.

 Please see the reference at your company’s doc site: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_ospf/configuration/xe-2/iro-xe-2-book/iro-cfg.html

In these cases, you can configure the OSPF network type as a point-to-multipoint network. Routing between two routers not directly connected will go through the router that has VCs to both routers. Note that you need not configure neighbors when using this feature.
An OSPF point-to-multipoint interface is defined as a numbered point-to-point interface having one or more neighbors. It creates multiple host routes. An OSPF point-to-multipoint network has the following benefits compared to NBMA and point-to-point networks:

 Point-to-multipoint is easier to configure because it requires no configuration of neighbor commands, it consumes only one IP subnet, and it requires no designated router election.

Then all the neighbor should also under one common prefixes.

So, the proposed draft can meet the scenarios for all kinds of numbered interfaces.

Do you have other concerns then?
Also ask for John? Robert? Or other experts?

Aijun Wang
China Telecom