Re: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-13 review - a couple of big ticket Items

Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org> Tue, 22 March 2016 21:04 UTC

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 22:04:36 +0100
To: Justin Dean <bebemaster@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-13 review - a couple of big ticket Items

> On 22 Mar 2016, at 21:51, Justin Dean <bebemaster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you're misunderstanding my point. It's my opinion that it's past time to come up with some elegant and complex solution to fix this issue. Simple and safe solutions should be preferred as we'd likely miss something. This is regardless of when the outstanding problem was first raised.

My point is that it is an issue that must be addressed: the requirements that multiple interfaces can be sharing the same address is old, I have raised it multiple times over the years. OLSRv2 was built to support it. Henning reported an additional use case.

The WG chair suggesting to disallow it, or to "bridge it", is *not* solving the issue raised. It is the WG chair ignoring legitimate requirements from the WG, which does not strike me as aligned with proper process.

The WG chair saying "it is past time to solve" a long raised (and ignored) issue does not strike me as being aligned with proper process either.

Thomas