Re: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-13 review - a couple of big ticket Items

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com> Wed, 23 March 2016 12:39 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Justin Dean <bebemaster@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:29:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Cc: "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>, "Thomas Heide Clausen (Thomas.Clausen@polytechnique.edu)" <Thomas.Clausen@polytechnique.edu>
Subject: Re: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-13 review - a couple of big ticket Items

I’ve put the MANET list back on distribution.

As Thomas has pointed out to me, RFC 7182 is mandatory to implement as specified in RFC 7181. Thus “without ICVs” is not an option, and anything that breaks 7182 breaks compliance with 7181. And changing a message breaks 7181, in addition to it being directly indicated that messages are forwarded unchanged (hop count/limit aside).

Or in other words, OLSRv2 MUST NOT do this, and 5444 multiplexer MUST NOT change messages (as visible from protocol). I have an updated 5444 usage draft that makes this clearer for the multiplexer, waiting on co-authors to review.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer

T:  +44 (0)1245 242194  |  E: chris.dearlove@baesystems.com<mailto:chris.dearlove@baesystems.com>

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, Chelmsford Technology Park, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 8HN.
www.baesystems.com/ai<http://www.baesystems.com/ai>
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 01337451
Registered Office: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP