Re: [MBONED] draft-zhou-mboned-multrans-path-optimization

"Zhouqian (Cathy)" <cathy.zhou@huawei.com> Fri, 23 March 2012 03:19 UTC

From: "Zhouqian (Cathy)" <cathy.zhou@huawei.com>
To: "Lee, Yiu" <Yiu_Lee@Cable.Comcast.com>, Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 03:16:18 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.39.60]
Cc: "mboned@ietf.org" <mboned@ietf.org>, Ronald Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>
Subject: Re: [MBONED] draft-zhou-mboned-multrans-path-optimization

Sorry, I mean the v4 and v6 interface, rather than the source in my last email.
Yes, there will be two streams coming from the source. When the two streams coming from v4 and v6 interface separately, MTR will determine whether the two addresses (v4 and v6) have the address format based on draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format. If the v6 address is v4-embedded v6 address according to the draft, it means the two streams are the same. If it is not, the two steams are different.
Then the two streams will come to different receivers.

Best Regards,
Cathy ZHOU