Re: [Megaco] Megaco: which spec to use?

"Anil Jangam" <anilj@mahindrabt.com> Wed, 13 November 2002 08:33 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:53:26 +0530
From: Anil Jangam <anilj@mahindrabt.com>
To: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>, Megaco@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Megaco: which spec to use?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:06:47 +0530
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

inline..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: "Pascal Lambers" <pascal.lambers@pandora.be>; <Megaco@ietf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:50 PM

> Let's hope you haven't opened up a Pandora's box here!
>
> Turning to the IETF side: the IESG has approved
> draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-02.txt as an RFC, obsoleting RFC 3015.  I'm not
> sure I passed this news on to the list!  Pardon me for my oversight.

I think you have not. Will this draft (draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-02.txt)
be turned in to the Version 2 for the rfc3015 (Earlier drafts mention
Version 1)???

> Anyway, typically it will take a few months for this document to pass
> through the RFC Editor's queue and be assigned an RFC number.
>
> I will recycle version 2, fixing the missing initial characters and draft
> date, then pass it to the IESG for approval.  My intention is that this
will
> update but not obsolete the 3015corr RFC, but I just realized that I
should
> put that question to the list.  Do people want two versions of Megaco to
> coexist, or do they want to follow the ITU-T viewpoint and allow v2 to
> obsolete v1?

I feel both the versions be available for public access. Its quite possible
that most of the people are following Version1 (not necesary though) for
their current implementation and it would be a good idea to have both the
references in hand. However I hope that any new version will always contain
a list of changes from its previous release.

/anil.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.