Re: [mile] Late WG LC comment on SCI draft

"Black, David" <david.black@emc.com> Mon, 29 July 2013 18:16 UTC

From: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>
To: Takeshi Takahashi <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp>, "mile@ietf.org" <mile@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:15:57 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [mile] Late WG LC comment on SCI draft

Hi Take,

> Thank you for your kind comment.
> I also think the work of the reference format draft is important, and it
> could be incorporated in the RFC5070-bis.

That makes sense - I agree that it will be cleaner to pick the reference format
up via use of and/or incorporation of the reference format into 5070-bis, and I
understand your reluctance to complicate the structure of the SCI draft in
advance of that better solution:

> In case of the SCI draft, it also has "ext-SpecID" field.
> Though we could combine "ext-SpecID" and "AttackPatternID" as well, I am not
> sure the need for that. It could just increase the complexity in case of the
> SCI draft.
> (We will end up with mixing "SpecID:AttackPatternID" and
> "ext-SpecID:AttackPatternID" in a same field, and SpecID values are chosen
> from the list in the IANA table while ext-SpecID values are not.)

Thank you for considering the comment,
--David