AW: [Mip6] mip6-aaa frameworks

Tschofenig Hannes <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com> Wed, 16 February 2005 11:15 UTC

From: Tschofenig Hannes <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>
To: 'Rafa Marin Lopez' <rafa@dif.um.es>, Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@samsung.com>
Subject: AW: [Mip6] mip6-aaa frameworks
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:05:18 +0100
Cc: mip6@ietf.org
Sender: mip6-bounces@ietf.org

hi rafa,

please see a comment inline:

i think that this sequence is not quite right since the mt cannot directly
interact with the aaa protocol, in most cases.
you might need to rely on pana or specific eap methods to finally contact
the aaa server.

your two models sound like push and pull model. i think that this is yet
another design aspect that is mostly unrelated to the solutions. since most
mechanisms would support both.

> note1 : you may want to include
> draft-ohba-mip6-boot-arch-dhcp-00.txt in
> framework 2.
> note2 : draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-00 can match with sequences
> shown by
> draft-ohba-aaaarch-authorization-delegation-00

ciao
\hannes