Re: [MMUSIC] Displaying side by side video streams draft-jennings-mmusic-adjacent-grouping

Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com> Fri, 24 September 2010 11:11 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:12:00 -0400
From: Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com>
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Displaying side by side video streams draft-jennings-mmusic-adjacent-grouping

Hi Cullen,

I'm glad to see work start on some of the details of multi-stream
audio and video.

In your grouping framework it would be useful to specify the full SDPs
in the examples. I assume streams not selected get inactive responses
at the m-line level etc.

Also, in the case where the answerer has more streams than the offerer
- would the answer indicate this (or would there be a subsequent
reINVITE)? How does the offeror indicate which subset of the answerers
streams it wishes to receive?

This is starting to feel like some of the work the TP group (hopefully
- soon to be chartered) could take on. I agree with you that using the
SDP grouping semantics is a good approach.

I am not sure if a simple left-to-right semantics will be flexible
enough. I use an app called synergy to allow my keyboard/mouse to
range over multiple computers and screens. It has a relative
descriptive framework: i.e. screen1 leftof screen2; screen3 above
screen 2 etc. This might be worth considering.

Is it worth cross-posting this to dispatch - due to it's link to TP
work under discussion there?

Regards,

Peter Musgrave