Re: [MMUSIC] [clue] Incoming liaison statement from MPEG

Bert Greevenbosch <Bert.Greevenbosch@huawei.com> Wed, 20 June 2012 00:49 UTC

From: Bert Greevenbosch <Bert.Greevenbosch@huawei.com>
To: "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:49:43 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.110.143]
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] [clue] Incoming liaison statement from MPEG

Hi all,

I have reviewed the MPEG LS (link below) and associated new MPEG document.

I noticed that the 3D frame packing related text comes from 14496-10. In 14496-10, the 3D signalling is in the context of SEI messages. Including this text in the new MPEG document indicates MPEG has plans of expanding its use, although the SEI messages are left out of scope and only field values and associated descriptions are provided.

The relationship of the MPEG document with the SDP signalling draft (link below) is the high-level definition of the frame-compatible video formats. For this reason, there is already a reference to 14496-10 in the draft. Depending on the status of the new MPEG document, that reference may need to be updated.

Best regards,
Bert

http://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1158/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-greevenbosch-mmusic-sdp-3d-format/