Re: [mpls] [PWE3] Seeking feedback on I-D "MPLS-TP Linear Protection Applicability to MS-PW"

"Daniel Cohn" <DanielC@orckit.com> Tue, 14 June 2011 11:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:44:00 +0300
From: Daniel Cohn <DanielC@orckit.com>
To: binny jeshan <binnyjeshan@gmail.com>, Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, pwe3@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] [PWE3] Seeking feedback on I-D "MPLS-TP Linear Protection Applicability to MS-PW"

Hi Binny,

The assumption is that lower-layer protection (LSP or link protection)
will take care of single-segment failures not affecting S-PEs. The
hold-off mechanism defined in [LinearProt], when properly configured,
prevents MS-PW switchover in this scenario. As you say, this is because
lower-layer protection is more efficient so it should be used when
possible.

Regards,

Daniel