Re: [mpls] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Sun, 23 November 2014 14:32 UTC

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 22:32:45 +0800
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, 'Barry Leiba' <barryleiba@computer.org>
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap@tools.ietf.org, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Barry,

I don't know how much more I have to after Adrian's mail, it seems
cover the issues.

We never had the ambition to find every gap, but believed that
that documenting for the future that we made the effort and also that
the gaps we found would be a good enough idea.

I differ from Adrian on one point, I think it is very likely that we'll
find new gaps, however they will be few and with low impact.

This begs the question how we'll maintain the management of the gaps
and the recommendations around for each gap should be done. An idea
that has been circualted it to use a wiki page, but so far there is no
decision. But - as our ADs have said - with a wiki we don't really need
a decision, just someone that takes on the task to do it.

As for the references I agree that it is possible to take a pass on
them, the thing with how (other than normative informative) one prefer
to have references sort are very personal.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@mail01.huawei.com
Senior MPLS Expert                          loa@pi.nu