Re: [mpls] Mixing ICC and Global-IDs in MPLS-TP Identifiers?

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Fri, 06 May 2011 21:04 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: huubatwork@gmail.com, mpls@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 22:04:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [mpls] Mixing ICC and Global-IDs in MPLS-TP Identifiers?

So, I may have understood the import of those figures (specifically figure 3 in draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-11.txt) but I read that to mean that, in the case of mismatched OAM types, one of the OAM types (in the figure, the PSN type is indicated) would be run end-to-end, and the local OAM types would be used within the networks according to what they supported.

Now, noting very clearly that OAM types have nothing whatsoever to do with MPLS-TP Identifiers, you seem to be suggesting that the same approach holds. That would mean that (to paraphrase Figure 3) network A might use one form of identifier and network B might use another form of identifier, but the end-to-end identifiers would be of one form only.

Have I misunderstood you?

Adrian