Re: [mpls] MPLS-RT Review of draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework-05

Hejia <hejia@huawei.com> Mon, 03 September 2012 12:26 UTC

From: Hejia <hejia@huawei.com>
To: "draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework@tools.ietf.org" <draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework@tools.ietf.org>, "mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:26:01 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.76.205]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] MPLS-RT Review of draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework-05

Hi ,

I have finished reviewing draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework-05.txt as the member of MPLS Review team and have the following comments:

* Is the document coherent?

 It is close to coherent. Please take the following two comments into account when further progressing this draft.

 1. There are a few drafts referenced in this document have expired, e.g.
   [I-D.ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements]
   [I-D.ietf-l2vpn-vpms-frmwk-requirements]
   [I-D.raggarwa-pwe3-p2mp-pw-encaps].

   Please check the availability of the relevant content in these drafts referenced in this document.

 2. Section 4 Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   There is an editor's note reminding the coordination work between this draft and [I-D.hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework]. It is better to work out the details before moving to WG adoption.

* Is it useful (i.e., is it likely to be actually useful in operational networks), and is the document technically sound?

 I believe this document is useful. One comment about Section 6:
 Section 6 summarizes the 1+1 protection scheme for unidirectional P2MP transport paths as defined in [RFC6372]. However, some description in this section (see below) is applicable to 1:1 instead of 1+1 P2MP protection.

   "Fault notification
   happens from the node idenifying the fault to the root node and from
   the leaves to the root via an out of band path. "

* Is the document ready to be considered for WG adoption?
 It is suggested to clear up the issues listed above before moving forward to WG adoption.

* Nits

  1. Section 4 Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   s/spacific/specific

  2. Section 5.2 Point-to-Multipoint PW Control Plane
  " [I-D.ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw]" at the beginning of this paragraph should be deleted.

  3. Section 6 Survivability
  s/eather/either
  s/ identifying/identifying

B.R.