Re: [multimob] Fast Handover Solutions + Closing Multimob

Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com> Fri, 16 November 2012 07:55 UTC

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:56:08 -0800
From: Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com>
To: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de>
Cc: "multimob@ietf.org" <multimob@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [multimob] Fast Handover Solutions + Closing Multimob

Hi

On 15.11.2012 15:52, Thomas C. Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Stig,
>
> On 16.11.2012 00:43, Stig Venaas wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/2012 11:10 AM, Thomas C. Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi Carlos,
>>>
>>> just a short answer: Chairs asked me in personal communication to send
>>> these requirements.
>>
>> I don't recall that, but happy to see them posted here.
>>

> Well, this was you in Atlanta in an oral discussion with Gorry.

Right, I remember we discussed about requirements. I don't
remember exactly about posting them, but it certainly is a
good idea.

>>> For the rest:
>>>
>>> We have had lengthy discussions over months on all the subjects, on-list
>>> and off-list, mentioning all types of pro's and con's. I don't want to
>>> repeat this.
>>>
>>> We finally agreed (with chairs) off-list to adopt both drafts as
>>> experimental ... but then some people behaved differently from what they
>>> had said earlier.
>>
>> I don't recall that either.
>>

> This was Behcet in an Email discussion with Marco, Carlos & Carlos.

OK. Ideally we should as a group evaluate the proposals and pick the
one that we believe best fits the requirements, or maybe another
solution. Coming up with 2 solutions is not that good, unless we
believe there really is a need for 2 solutions. But it may be an
option.

Stig