Re: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Fri, 01 July 2016 02:47 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: "philip.eardley@bt.com" <philip.eardley@bt.com>, "sarikaya@ieee.org" <sarikaya@ieee.org>, "multipathtcp@ietf.org" <multipathtcp@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 02:47:47 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.146.93]
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

Hi,

In the paired MPTCP proxies mechanism, there is user's TCP session and there is also multipath TCP session. It is a TCP over TCP idea, correct?
As for TCP over TCP, the following page explains why an internal meltdown effect would take place due to the interaction between two leveled retransmission mechanisms.
http://sites.inka.de/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html
Do we have solid solutions for this issue nowadays?

Thanks,
Mingui