Re: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Wed, 25 May 2016 07:27 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 00:27:14 -0700
From: Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
Cc: MultiPath WG <multipathtcp@ietf.org>, "draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode@ietf.org" <draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

Hi Med,

I might want to see more feedback before the adoption call.
I've read the draft, but I think I still have some unclear points in the
draft.

I particularly would like to understand the following points as starting
point. Please let me know if I miss something.

1: This method requires CPEs to convert UDP or TCP into MPTCP and requires
Concentrators to convert back MPTCP into UDP or TCP. This could be rather
complex process than other approach such as GRE. So, what's the benefits to
utilize MPTCP here? I think the draft should describe some useful scenarios
to use MPTCP.

2: Including data in SYN is allowed in RFC793, but I'm not very sure how
many implementations actually accept it. I think the draft should discuss
this point. Also, what will happen if PM option is included in the payload,
but it is removed by the middleboxes?

Thanks,
--
Yoshi