Re: [ncrg] Request to make the Framework draft an RG document

"Howard, Lee" <lee.howard@twcable.com> Fri, 11 January 2013 17:56 UTC

From: "Howard, Lee" <lee.howard@twcable.com>
To: "Michael Behringer (mbehring)" <mbehring@cisco.com>, "ncrg@irtf.org" <ncrg@irtf.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:56:45 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [ncrg] Request to make the Framework draft an RG document

There is no competing draft, and having a framework document to outline
the work of the group is a good idea.  I'm not certain that if work
proceeds as currently outlined, there will be a clear method for comparing
two potential protocols, two configurations, or two approaches, and
determining that one is more complex than the other.  The framework
describes metrics, but some of the metrics can generally only be applied
historically, not predictively, and none of them (as noted in 4.1) can be
applied to proposed protocols.

I look forward to seeing the next version, and hope we can adopt it.

Unrelated: I tried to create an account on networkcomplexity.org and got
message, "out of captcha images; this shouldn't happen".

Lee