[nemo] RE: [Mip6] Consensus call on making ID draft-wakikawa-nemo-v4tunnel a MIP6/NEMO WGs document

Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com> Fri, 01 April 2005 17:50 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:44:50 -0800
From: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>
To: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
Cc: nemo@ietf.org, mip6@ietf.org
Subject: [nemo] RE: [Mip6] Consensus call on making ID draft-wakikawa-nemo-v4tunnel a MIP6/NEMO WGs document
Sender: nemo-bounces@ietf.org

Raj,
    We do want to solve the IPv4 traversal, however NAT/PAT
traversal support is the critical requirement for that.
Based on our Mobile IPv4 deployment experience, we have seen
lot of interest for NAT Traversal and MIPv4 WG standardised
on RFC 3519. The same requirement is central to the problem
statement here.

   On your question, if we can adopt draft-wakikawa-nemo-v4tunnel
as the basis for the solution, my answer to that is "NO". There
are other solution documents out there and we need to review
them as well.

Regards.
Sri