Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

"K.Kawaguchi" <kawaguti@ysknet.co.jp> Mon, 27 November 2006 12:05 UTC

To: pthubert@cisco.com, keiichi@iijlab.net, nemo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo
From: "K.Kawaguchi" <kawaguti@ysknet.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:05:11 +0900

Hi,

""Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>" wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Your example is an extended Home Network case, and you have used a Home
> Address from the prefix on the Home Link. In that case, the HA expects
> that the MR is at Home when there is not binding, and it will deliver
> over the Home Link the packets routed via MR's HoA A:B:C:0::i.

My example is an extended Home Network case. But, Home Address from
Mobile Network Prefix (5.3 Home Address from MNP in draft-ietf-nemo-home
-network-models-06).

> As Keiichi says there are 2 case.
>
> Implicit:
>
> HA knows A:B:C:i::/64 via A:B:C:0::i; if this is a static information
> (static or automatic route) then the HA keeps that route regardless of
> whether the MR is bound. The HA can share that information with other
> GWs on the Home Link using an IGP over the Home Link, but to keep it
> simple just assume that the HA is also the default GW in the Home Link.
>
> So if MR1 is at Home, the HA can still reach any LFN behind it because
> it has a static information for the route A:B:C:i::/64 via A:B:C:0::i
> and it expects A:B:C:0::i over the Home Link. If another MR at home
> needs to reach the LFN, packets will first reach the HA (default GW),
> and the HA will issue an ICMP redirect. MRs could also expose their
> prefix on the Home Link using RFC 4191 to save that flow.
>
> So MRs do not need to participate to the IGP on the Home Link, and that
> can be a benefit in a very large or very dynamic Home configuration

I understand this case (thanks you).

On the other hand, in the case Home Address from MNP.
Does MR need to join in IGP after configuring the address at the home?

> Explicit:
>
> The route in the HA is associated to the binding. When the MR comes back
> Home, the route is lost and the MR needs to participate to whatever IGP
> is run at Home. The choice of the IGP is a configuration issue, it can
> be any of the usual suspects (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, ISIS, you name it). It
> could even be a MANET :) The choice of the IGP and how you deploy it
> will impact the capability for your Home Network to handle/survive a
> more or less high rate of changes (routers in/out)
>
> What NEMO adds: NEMO requires that the MR presents itself as a router
> and participates to the IGP only if it is at Home. So either you have a
> dedicated interface for going Home or you have some dynamics in the
> behavior of the roaming interface(s) that can reach Home to switch
> between at-Home and Roaming profiles.

Ok, I understand.
This is the same also in the case from MNP, isn't it?

Best regards
---
Kiyoaki KAWAGUCHI