Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

"K.Kawaguchi" <kawaguti@ysknet.co.jp> Thu, 09 November 2006 08:54 UTC

To: nemo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo
From: "K.Kawaguchi" <kawaguti@ysknet.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:54:11 +0900

Hi,

RYUJI WAKIKAWA wrote:
> Hi TJ
>
> On 2006/11/09, at 4:32, T.J. Kniveton wrote:
>
> > K.Kawaguchi wrote:
> >> Hi Chairs and all,
> >>
> >> I explain the selection and the classification of test item on the
> >> Logo
> >> test specification in section 7 more. And I add the Idea-5 in
> >> section 5.
> >>
> >> We want the evidence of the consensus/Idea that IETF NEMO WG agreed.
> >> If possible, please consolidate it at the meeting.
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The list of items to go into your testing program is not a work
> > item for NEMO, and although you can gather informal opinions from
> > the list, there would not be working group consensus provided to
> > any Logo or testing program run by an independent entity. It would
> > be up to you to decide what features you want to certify for your
> > Logo program.

I consented. The decision of the Logo program is the independent work of
us. Also, we will keep participating in NEMO WG according to the outline
of IETF.

> Regardless of logo, it is true that the RFC 3963 is vague on this.
> MR can support either one or both configurations.
> I'm not sure whether 3963 will take "Hoa from home prefix" as a
> default configuration in future revision,
>
> Regarding to the logo, you can pick one of configuration as a default.
> But before making such decision, you should check the below document
> too.
> Aggregated home network is one example to support HoA from MNP.
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-home-network-
> models-06.txt

Yes. I am referring to this draft. I see that the product package of a
different specification exists according to those home network models.
Also in the opinion that has been obtained before, a lot of developers
seem to be advancing development by one method.

> The current SHISA implementation supports only HoA from the home prefix,
> but we knew it's easily extend to support both case.

The product that can achieve both provides high applicability to the
career and the user. It is one advantage for the product.

As a result, I think that we will separately treat each home address
setting method.

Best regards
---
Kiyoaki KAWAGUCHI