Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

Romain KUNTZ <kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Fri, 10 November 2006 10:04 UTC

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:03:59 +0900
From: Romain KUNTZ <kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To: nemo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [nemo] About Test Specification in IPv6 Ready Logo

Hi,

Being able to register an HoA from a MNP may be more important on the HA
than on the MR, for interoperability purposes. This could bring a new
option: being a basic feature on the HA, and a advanced one on the MR.

I personally like this way of configuring the MR, as the HA does not
need to deal with 2 prefixes anymore (one to build the MR's HoA, and one
MNP to delegate to the MR), and just need to delegate an MNP to the MR.

FYI the NEPL implementation is designed to support also HoA from MNP,
although a small bug prevents to do so in the current version (could get
it working with a small fix).

Regards,

--
Romain KUNTZ