[Netconf] 答复: Review of draft-zheng-netconf-inline-action-capability-00

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Wed, 04 July 2018 04:03 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'Qin Wu' <bill.wu@huawei.com>, "'Wubo (lana)'" <lana.wubo@huawei.com>, netconf@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 12:02:58 +0800
Subject: [Netconf] 答复: Review of draft-zheng-netconf-inline-action-capability-00

Hi, Qin and Walker:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7950#section-7.15 states the following
contents: “An action MUST NOT be defined within an rpc, another action, or
a notification, i.e., an action node MUST NOT have an rpc, action, or a
notification node as one of its ancestors in the schema tree.  For example,
this means that it is an error if a grouping that contains an action
somewhere in its node hierarchy is used in a notification definition. ”,
but the proposal within this draft requires the combination operations
within one transaction.

How about define one new statement that is parallel with the existing ”
action” statement, but can be defined within an rpc? Doing so can lower the
confusion for the associated procedures.
And if we doing the above thing, we should clarify the following things:
1.       What is the order to handle this new statement within other NC
operations?
2.       Can this new statement coexist with other NC operations besides the
“edit-config” and “edit-data” that proposed within the current draft?
3.       Should provide more examples for the usage of this new statement.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.