Re: [netext] Scope of Prefixes in Flow Mobility

Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com> Thu, 05 August 2010 03:16 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:18:59 -0700
From: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>
To: Tran Minh Trung <trungtm@etri.re.kr>
Cc: "netext@ietf.org" <netext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netext] Scope of Prefixes in Flow Mobility

Tran:

>> However, the LMA may choose to assign the same prefix(es) as well as new
>> prefix(es) if it so chooses based on the ATT field. This would be scenario 3
>> below.

Right. We assume the network provides the handover hints. We do not have the
MN-AR interface at this point. When we were writing the base spec, the MN-AR
interface was factored into the design. Julien was working on this and some
where we lost track of this critical interface.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-03

We need to revive this at some point. I was hoping Telemaco/Carlos/Juan
Carlos will revive this in for different SDO architectures, at least that
was our understanding.

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-melia-netext-3gpp-mn-ar-if/

Ideally, the handover hints will come from that interface. If we build this
interface, eventually, the mobile node can express the handover preferences
and flow-path preference. This will allow us to cleanly support the shared
prefix scenario.

Sri