RE: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-03.txt

"Sri Gundavelli" <sgundave@cisco.com> Mon, 10 September 2007 03:12 UTC

From: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>
To: 'Shyam H' <shyam.hemad@gmail.com>, netlmm@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-03.txt
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:12:48 -0700
DKIM-Signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=5536; t=1189393973; x=1190257973; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim4002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=sgundave@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22Sri=20Gundavelli=22=20<sgundave@cisco.com> |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[netlmm]=20I-D=20Action=3Adraft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6 -03.txt |Sender:=20; bh=I3mTzyCgVWT8dYlavm1+xGa626GHwpA2C7koxbuoLHc=; b=GFDIBUVnQUy16/PLhLDFdL2VMAYKxna6qchK7VHdWosAbSj5wn7JsaOVJNiOyKjvhcr7mgMl OD2XhhfEhTLHOWjKt0rdQT3BH9W/JcE7WVIv1q2e/bWWm4D39uLs79Lp;

Hi Shyam,

Please see inline ...

Ok.

> Lot of new error checking rules; but good; very detailed
>
> You should specify when the HA should consider the timestamp from MAG
> as as outof sync. Suggest some time window  like 1 second; define a
> protocol variable. Or, make NTP use a must. Not an issue for us; we
> have RO.

Ok.

> On PBU and PBA retransmissions or timeouts, please say it is as per
> rfc3775; or define new protocol constants

This is a good point. I've worked on the text for this and other
points you raised, you will see it in the next rev.

> PBA cannot have the type-II routing header, can it ? there is no home
> address ; you should mention this; to avoid interop problems.

Format of the PBA is given. Its not there in it. But, if it needs to
be explicitly mentioned, will do that.

> Hope this review helps. Thank you again for completing this
> document; good job.

Thanks for the comments.

Sri