Re: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-03.txt

"Shyam H" <shyam.hemad@gmail.com> Fri, 07 September 2007 23:21 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=UQmdL9GcPjanU0dPiq2+2sSYOViHiKeADiWB2QIYm+g=; b=uOXewtNr3YAR8u6DsX/ndSB40w59/gUaTYs7KmjIXrbK6+DQMT13/RVsVMjExtTaRdaIuC8aPVVE2f1RNMdaNRGMJDKwfL+ieSvZVBycQldd9fmJdqpttm0/JF9PUA9MDV1S343/jXICnFDmTuGxOxg1xnwHrlkZ7q35qeJ+U4U=
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:21:20 -0700
From: Shyam H <shyam.hemad@gmail.com>
To: netlmm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-03.txt

Dear Sri

Thank you for updating the Proxy-MIP6 draft. We reviewed and discussed
the draft in detail and these are our comments.

First, the draft is written nicely, organized very well; enjoyed
reading it; we thank the authors for the good work.

We did not like the timestamp format change; it was not needed, we
have to make changes to our code.; but fine.

In MAG signaling, you should add the RS and RA flow related points;
You should add a small section  with couple of lines on what the MAG
does when RA arrives; this is missing; it is there in the seq diagram.

Lot of new error checking rules; but good; very detailed

You should specify when the HA should consider the timestamp from MAG
as as outof sync. Suggest some time window  like 1 second; define a
protocol variable. Or, make NTP use a must. Not an issue for us; we
have RO.

On PBU and PBA retransmissions or timeouts, please say it is as per
rfc3775; or define new protocol constants

PBA cannot have the type-II routing header, can it ? there is no home
address ; you should mention this; to avoid interop problems.

Hope this review helps. Thank you again for completing this document; good job.

- Shyam